5 MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WHEN CHOOSING A WEDDING DJ:
1. They don't arrange a consultation: I will meet with you for free before anything is booked, together we can decide if I am the right fit for your event and what you are looking for. I like to meet with all my vendors personally when I am planning an event and you should too.
2. They don't discuss itinerary/music selection/guest demographics: Let's discuss who will be at your event, what they will want to hear and the energy you are looking for throughout the day as well as the times of guests arrival, when you get access to the venue, etc.
3. They leave the booking until the last minute: Let's book as soon as possible before your event to give us time to work out all of the logistics (weddings especially book up fast for any vendor).
4. They choose a DJ based on price: I will tell you up front what I charge for my services, no hidden costs (invoice provided). It's not worth choosing the most expensive DJ because they must be the best or the cheapest DJ because they are good value for money, you should simply choose a DJ that is the right fit for your event.
5. They don't do their research: Choose a DJ that is a good fit for your specific event. I've heard some horror stories about wedding DJ's and in retrospect, I wish I would have done more research when I hired my own wedding DJ instead of hiring simply on venue recommendation.