DJ For A 50th Birthday Party
To all of my 50 year (and almost 50 year old friends) – this is a milestone birthday! Not one that you should be hiding away from but embracing. I’ve had the pleasure of DJing at a few over the years and wanted to share what I think turning 50 is about and how you should celebrate in style.
10 Things You Need To Prepare For Your 50th Birthday Party:
1. Hire a cool venue.
2. Invite all your friends & family.
3. Bring along old pictures of yourself throughout the years and display them at the venue.
4. Invite your kids (and then kick them out at 10pm).
5. Provide some nibbles for guests.
6. Birthday cake: optional.
7. Make a short speech thanking your guests.
8. Have a great DJ and dance!
9. Think of some great songs from your past to have played.
10. Prearrange taxi service for guests who have had a drink.
3 Ways To Have DJ BFAD Play Music At Your 50th Birthday Party:
- One 50th Birthday Party I did a few years ago was very organized – we took a song from every year of the hosts 50 years and I DJed the songs in chronological order! 1958-2008: kicking off with Chuck Berry and finishing with Rihanna.
- One 50th Birthday Party the host only wanted me to play classics from the 60’s & 70’s! Classic Rock, party classics from Rod Stewart, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, Elton John and disco classics from KC & The Sunshine Band and The Bee Gees.
- Yet another 50th Birthday Party was more of an 80’s to current music & Top 40 vibe to keep the kids entertained – lots of classic 80’s party music and funky house tunes to keep the mainly young and “young at heart” crowd going!